Question
Posted by: sooooTIRED | 2011/01/20

SOOOOtired

Scored 11 on the Epworth Sleepiness Scale - which means see someone. Except for insomnia I have had for the last 2 years since my divorce I also suffer from restless legs syndrome... and have at least one experience a month of sleep paralysis which almost always ends up feeling like something is trying to invade my body (it feels that way) as I cannot move, or scream and I panic because I cannot wake my body although my mind is fully awake and I am aware of my partner sleeping next to me and everthing around me. I have been able through groans and moans to wake up my partner once through such a sleep paralysis episode and he thought I was having some kinda attack. It really gets scary sometimes. Other than that is the hallucinations I am starting to get - this must be because of how long I have had insomnia... I wake up and see someone looking at me. I can clearly see the person. An then he disappears again. Or like this week I put my kitten in the bathroom and closed the bathroom door and my bedroom door as to try and get some sleep, and what felt like 2 minutes later - felt the kitten and saw the kitten jump on me. I could not believe it. But I did not get up and tried and eventually fell asleep (well in my mind that probably was half asleep) Next morning obviously no cat and still closed doors. I am really starting to scare myself. The dr just prescribes sleeping pills and antidepressants - I am not DEPRESSED... I might feel anxiety at times and I am easily irritated and short tempered, but defo not depressed. Who can I contact to just get some rest - I cannot go on like this. I am a mom of 2 with a full time job. Please help.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You very clearly need help. It sounds like there may well be more than one condition going on here, and you will need to see a sleep doctor to get to the bottom of it.

Whatever you have described is firstly, well-known, and secondly, very treatable. The problem is to work out precisely what the condition(s) are that are causing the problems.

Please see someone with knowledge of sleep medicine as soon as you can.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/01/20

Reply to Sleep expert