Posted by: henna | 2009-08-19

son unhappy ,dont like new boyfriend

I am 42 years old and divorced.I am having an affair with a man of 32 years old. my son is 21 years old. my son told me last night he is going to move out if this guy come visit again, as he feels this guy is to young for me. and also that he dont like this guys face. he was busy packing last night and i had to tell the guy to leave. afterwards my son told me what he think of the guy. what must i do. as I really care for this guy. my son is leaving for overseas in two months time.
i dont want to lose my son or this guy.

Strictly, i's none of your son's business who you choose to have a relationship with, but his views are worth taking into account. Think seriously of his views. He may have his own agenda ( like feeling squeezed out, though it is fair for someone of 21 to make his own home now ) ; but being unaffected by the colouds of affection you may feel for the new guy, maybe he has noticed some aspects of this guy worth thinking about seriously.

If your son is going overseas in 2 months, what's the hurry, anyway, about having this other guy move in with you ?

Posted by: B | 2009-08-19

You are 42 your son is 21. I would tell my son to go ahead and live his life and leave you to live yours. You are old enough to make your own decisions and handle the consequences.
My son is my " baby"  too, but this is taking it a bit too far.

He must be very close to you and obviously cares, but i think he needs to learn to share you a bit, and soince he' s leaving soon he must accept that you are still the mother!

Hope it all works out for you.

Reply to B