Question
Posted by: t | 2010/03/02

son tells gory stories

So last night my kid starts again with his stories (lies). The man (I swear if I find that imaginary man, there is gonna be hell to pay) is going to put him in the fire and cut off his peni$ with a scissors. He is going to kill that man cause he want to put him in the fire. Later he couldnt say his prayers cause if he closes his eyes, its gonna bleed and gonna bleed more and then he cant close his eyes. Its gonna be a lmore blood and then the man is gonna cut of his peni$. Ugh I have spoken to his teacher and she advised me that all the kids come with stories. One kid at the creche used to say "  my daddy locks the aunty in the toilet and she screams"  lol

How do I make this stop. He doesnt watch tv and only gets to watch his cartoons on his tv or bbc kiddies channel. I have absolutely no idea were he gets this Quinton Tarentino imagination. Its seriously freaking me out.

Children often tell elaborate stories, not strictly as lies but as exercises in imagination, and maybe sometimes to test your reaction. But these sound far more unpleasant in their content and specificity and more disturbed than usual.
Are you CERTAIN he doesn't somehow get access to watching nasty videos, DVDs or some of the horror film trash that the TV stations pump out ? Some of the cartoons can be rather violent, but not in this way. An assessment by a child shrink might not be a bad idea if this variety of story persists.
Speaking of Tarentino, maybe he;ll grow up to be a movie director

3
Posted by: Concerned | 2010/03/03

Children do lie but about realistic,life happening stuff,what ure son is describing is very sinister.

Pls sit with him and ask him as if u believe him,where this man is from? when does he come ? What does he want from him?try and see if its a make up story,or someone was trying to scare him off with the story

As the anon said about his brother being abused.who do you live with?as the anyone u suspect that might be an occult.

Pls am not saying he is possessed or anything,pay more attention,sleep not to him sometimes,this is ur son and if u ignore warning signs u will never 4give urself.If u do go to church take him to an elder or pastor to pray for him,God heals diseases,he casts out spirits,nothing is impossible thru him
.better safe than sorry.

GUDLUCK

Reply to Concerned
Posted by: anon | 2010/03/02

On Oprah the other day, they had a little girl of 7 on who was suffering from Skitsofrenia. They picked it up when she was 4. It seems to me it is possible for kids, as young as they are, to have this sort of illness. Maybe you should take him to someone, just to rule out the worst.

Also, when my brother was young, he came out with scary stories that involved his private parts, and it turned out that he was being abused - by my mother''s boyfriend (it was his way of telling).

Reply to anon