Question
Posted by: agnes | 2008/08/13

son strange behaviour

My son worked and were always proud of his work, then the company close down, he has been hom for 2 months. i see a change in him, he tells me he is going with his friends i know, but when i phone the friends they never know where he is.
he come home late and tells me he was with his friends.
he got a job last week, but pretend to go to work, his work called me yesterday to ask where he his. i am worried as i know he were never like this, is there reason for me to be worried or am i just paronoid.
he tells so many lies. and then gets upset when i asked him why, he never give me straight answers.
I am worried as he were never like this, we always had a good relationship. please help me. as i dont know what to do anymore.

He's presumably troubled by being out of work, but if his friends truly don't know where he is, he is unlikely to be up to something good for himself.And if, having got a job, he lied and didn't even bother to turn up, something is surely wrong --- maybe he's into drugs, or something like that. This is surely reason to be woried.
The trouble is, that as he is an adult, he is entitled legally to be foolish. Though, while he is living under your roof, it is reasonable to expect him to keep to some basic rules of consideration, such as keeping you informed as to where he's going and when he'll be home, and not lying about going to work
What do other readers think ?