Question
Posted by: MattsMom | 2010/05/24

Son- Runny Nose

My son has an almost constant runny nose and this invariably leads to him coughing quite a bit. This irritates him because his throat and stomach is contantly sore because of the coughing. (please note that his throat is not red/inflamed at all and his tonsils and adenednoids have removed) )
Now I''''ve tried DriNasal, Salex,Flusin, Allergex etc and I feel that I''''m running out of options.
He is not sick (feverish) yet but the mucous is now starting to change color slightly (darker yellow)

What can I try to give him to clear up this runny nose? Surely he can''''t use a antihistamine every day?
He does go to nursery school and removing him from there is not an option. He does take a vit suppliment daily (Viral Guard)

Hallo MattsMom
Some kids need to take antihistamines like Zyrtec daily if they have an allergic rhinitis (chronic runny nose) Ask your doctor to test his IGE levels, and if it is high, it may be worth your while to have him tested for allergies so that you know what to avoid.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/24

Hallo MattsMom