Question
Posted by: Ilse Whalen | 2010/05/26

Son not wanting to go to school

Hi, my son(8) cries himself into such a state every morning for the past three weeks not wanting to go to school. He has come up with being bullied to the teacher screaming at him and not understanding his work. He upsets the whole household and every morning his dad, myself and his twin brother leaves for school and work in a complete state. How can I find out what the real problem is? I hate seeing him like this.

If he says his teaher is screaming at him and not undertnin his work, he may have a rather lousy teacher. GO to his school and talk with the headmaster, and find out what is going on. Bullying, by students or teachers, is bad and must be stopped, and can indeed cause a problem like this.
Its very interesting that he has a twin brother, apparently unaffected and presumably going to the same school. Is he in the same class ? If so, what does the brother have to say about how his twin experiences the school ?
And consider taking him to a child pschologist for a more thorough assessment of whatever is troubling him, and for more specific advice on how best to help him

1