Posted by: S | 2011-07-04

Son - abuse

HI, it started with the school wanting intervention as they suspected sexual/visiaul abuse on my 8yr old son. long story short - he has seen a physic/social worker a few times in the past 2 months - he told he thing like I had s** with him - which is not true, the next time he told her he was joking. he is a good child and generally don''t have problems with him, he is ADHD ans struggles at school but this appears to be getting out of hand, I have spoken to him about telling lies like this and the consequences. he was shocked yet they still think he has been abused somewhere along the line.
He did catch my hubby and I some months ago - no idea if this is the problem, pyshic cant work it out.
Im divorced, but my son is a happy child. really sees his Dad as he is in JHB and we in CT.
I dont think that he has been abused but do think he may have been exposed to something long ago.
What are my rights here? To me this is disturbing him more as he started wetting himself again...
I want to protect him from more assessments and questions which he may be playing on now....he is not the kind of child that realises theres consequences for your actions - he does and then says sorry..This is killing me as its very stressful.
any suggestion on how can I tell these people incl the social worker from the department that enough is enough. Lets help him heal. Thx

I responded the other time you posted this question

Posted by: lucy | 2011-07-05

this sounds dodgy to me.

Reply to lucy