Question
Posted by: dee | 2010/05/14

SON 2 YEARS OLD

DEAR DR PLEASE ADVISE MY SON IS 2 YEARS OLD HE SLEEPS IN HIS COT IN OUR ROOM HOWEVER HE WAKES ABOUT ABOUT 5 TIMES A NIGHT AND THEN HE WNATS HIS BOTTLE NOT TO DRINK JUST IN HIS MOUTH WHILE HE LAYS LIKE THAT THE MILK DRIPS HIS PILLOW WET AND WHEN I WNAT TO TAKE THE BOTTLE HE CRIES HE ALSO WANTS TO THEN SLEEP IN MY BED AND OTHER TIMES I HAVE NOTICED NOW WHEN HE IS FALLING OFF TO SLEEP HE OCCASSIONALLY PULLS HIMSELF STIFF WHY CAN THIS BE THANKS

Expert ImageSleep Expert

He has you well trained, doesnt he?

1. Get him into his own room.
2. Speak to your paediatrician about techniques to get him to sleep through.

He is really just taking advantage.

3
Posted by: Tarryn | 2010/05/26

Paeds don''t really specialise in this field, that''s why Dee has asked a sleep expert''s advise! The minimal advise that was given by the expert, shows their knowledge. Dee, you should ask your pead for a referral that will be able to help you. I have the exact same trouble with my 2yr old. My son slept right through from birth and he''s now 3.5yrs and is still an excellent sleeper. But my daughter is the complete opposite. She''s also in my bedroom and I do think it makes it worse as you jump by their first moan/cry. One should try and leave them for 2 minutes before you respond and with time try and increase the minutes. Hopefully he will soon learn to soothe himself back to sleep. I know it''s easier said than done, I''m still trying to train myself. Good luck!

Reply to Tarryn
Posted by: Tarryn | 2010/05/26

Reply to Tarryn
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/05/14

He has you well trained, doesnt he?

1. Get him into his own room.

He is really just taking advantage.

Reply to Sleep expert