Question
Posted by: Claudine | 2010/07/01

Son 11months old

My son is 11months and I just want to know what different kinds of food can I introduce him to- Like in the morning, lunch time and in the evening.... So he doesnt eat the same thing over and over every single day...

Thanks so much...

Dear Claudine
Small children do not need as much variety in their diet as adults - this will come later. Basically a child of 11 months should be having milk or formula, porridge, pureed vegetables with small quantities of cooked, pureed meat, soft-boiled eggs, yoghurt, pureed fruit and a small amount of finger foods (slice of peeled apple or pear, or small biscuit). However, if you click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' you should find articles on infant nutrition. You can also search the 'Diet' site for article on weaning suggestions.

1

Dear Claudine