Posted by: CPM | 2009-08-18

Just sometimes it all gets to much for me....sometimes I just think I cannot cope with this' s to much for me.....

Her morning tantrums are so bad lately - she scratches and throws and and. I' ve tried it all.

Feel like saying ok then DONT go to school today stay it really worth upsetting he whole house, abusing the care giver, breaking things, going to school with coffee on your top, eyes swollen from it worth it? what does it matter if she does not go to school?

I feel like locking myself in my room and staying there forever, sleeping sleeping sleeping maybe this period in my life will go away or pass over...oops then again it' s going to be with me my entire life.

Only Sometimes ?
THink about WHY she NOW makes such a fuss about going to school, whereas if I remember right, previously this was not so. What has changed ? Discuss this with the school --- they need to look out to see what or who might be upsetting her there.
The second question would be --- what would be the best way of handling one of these crises when they arise ? Often at least a part of such crises is that the person at the center of it is demanding ( and getting ) extra attention. If Ne can't tell you what is bothering her about going to school ( and sometimes you can gt at this if she can draw pictures and describe them, or show you in doll-play ) then one must presumably try modifying the responses. IF you simply say : OK, then, stay at home, this would become her norm, and she'd protest against any sugestion of going to school. How would she respond to being told that because she IS going to school, nomatter what, her choice is does she get dressd properly and look smart at school, or go in her night-clothes and look silly ?