Question
Posted by: depro | 2010/09/17

somethings wrong

Hi, I am battling to loose weight for years..I think it must be my blood pressure pills, Co Diovan.
I eat low Gi foods and walk the treadmill every day for 25 min (1,5km) I had all the tests done, thyroid, diabetes nothing wrong.
Can it be the pills?

Dear Depro
I checked in my copy of MIMS and weight gain is not listed as one of the side-effects of Co Diovan. If you are struggling to lose weight despite eating a healthy diet and doing daily exercise, I would recommend that you should consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to check if the low-GI diet you are using also has a moderately reduced energy content to promote weightloss and help you to adjust the diet accordingly.
Keep up the good work with the exercise.

1

Dear Depro