Question
Posted by: Nellie | 2011/07/11

something wrong with me

Good day doc, something is wrong with me. I found out that my partner is cheating on me and that he has told me so many lies eg. his age. But i just go on as normal, it did hurt when i found out but i just ignored it. We have been together for 11 months now. I don''t know if i really love him or is it just the fear of being alone again that makes me to turn a blind eye to all of this.

Why are you ignoring the fact that he has cheated you and lied to you ? Don't you think you are worthy of being treated considerately and honestly ? It sounds as though low self-esteem and a fear of being alone may be leading you into mistakenly staying with someone who doesnt treat you with respect. See a counsellor if necessary, to work on increasing your self-esteem and self-respect, and confidence, and to recognize that you are FAR better off alone, than with someone who doesn't properly care about you. And being alone need not be permanent !

1