Question
Posted by: B | 2010/03/21

Something stuck in my throat

Dear Doc, I have had a uncomfortable feeling in my throat - like something is stuck in it. Right where a tracheotomy would be done. My throat is not sore. Just feels like something is stuck there and I have heartburn which is very unusual for me.

Can you please help me?

B

The sensation of something stuck in your throat, is most probably due to reflux, hence the heartburn symptom. Consult your doctor for an examination and a possible gastroscopy. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon Advanced, three times daily, before meals.