Question
Posted by: rarara | 2010-12-09

Some ? re STI''s

My partner and i have done our tests for hiv, i still feel scared though of giving him a blow job without a condom because even though we both negative, how do i know if he has an STI? i really dont want to insult him to ask him to GO back for STI tests now!!! i am particularly scared of the HPV and throat cancer link? should i be this worried or can i judge just my appearance that he has no signs of an HPV ie no warts or any other like gonoreah etc. OR will he not have any signs down there...

After the event what should i look out for around the mouth if indeed i catch something this way? and the STI''s than can be transmitted this way? are they easy to treat SHOULD i get something?

he really seems a decent guy its just ME whose paranoid. I mean what the use of being safe for HIV and then i get HPV and later throat cancer... to me its just as bad dying of cancer... are my concerns valid? i have seen nothing untoward on his genitals at all its just based on all the literature out there which i sometimes swear is there to make one abstain forever!!! very scary.

Dear Rarara,

You are correct in your concern in that having your HIV test results does not exclude the possible presence of othe STI's. There are quite a range of STI's that are viral, bacterial, parasitic, fungal etc that addressing all the possible signs and symptoms in this forum would not be possible. It is important to know that some STI's can be present for a while before any visible symptoms are present.

I would rather recommend that if you have any concerns with regards STI's that you and your partner continue to use the condom until you have had the full STI examination and testing done.

2
Posted by: Anon#3 | 2010-12-09

mom - she's obviously old enough to know about HPV (human papillo virus) - a symptom being genital warts, and it can cause cervical or throat cancer.

There's even a vaccination for it. A very smart question, rarara.

Reply to Anon#3
Posted by: mom | 2010-12-09

cancer from a bj?? how old are you?

Reply to mom