Question
Posted by: ronel | 2009-09-18

Some questions

I have heard that endometriosis should be cut out and not lasered or burnt off. What do you think of this?

What is the surgical procedure to open blocked tubes?

I was on the 2 month injection. Howe long before fertility will be restored? I had the last injection in Feb and I have been having cycles of between 29 and 32 days. Is it possible to conceive now?

Dear Ronel

If the endometriosis is mild then by doing laser or cauterisation will be quite effective in removing them. If however the endometriosis is quite extensive and severe and if severe they are often very deep rooted into the organs they invade in then the best option would be to remove them surgically. The name of the surgical procedure to unblock tubes is called tuboplasty. The Nuristerate injection can take up to 6 months before fertility is restored. In your particular case because it’s already 6 months past and your cycles have returned to normal it is therefore possible for you to now conceive.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo