Posted by: Snake | 2009-10-03

Some Question about first time shave?

I' m 17yrs old and going to shave for the first time.Have some queries about it

1)Should I use a normal razor with shaving cream or an electric razor?

2)Will shaving with either of them make my hair darker and thicker,if which one and why? -The reason why i am asking this is because i shaved my head at the age of 14 and my hair which were earlier brown and silky became very dark and thicker

3)which direction should i shave,the one in which my hair is growing or the opposite one?

Expert ImageTeen expert

it is a matter of choice about whether to use a normal or electric razor. But if you do use a normal razor, then shaving gel for sensitive skin would be a good place to start, as this is the first time you will be shaving. The hair does become coarser for all men after they begin shaving, but it shouldnt really affect the colour of it.

It is better to shave in the direction the hair grows, but for men who have a darker fuller beard they also somtimes need to shave in the opposite direction as well. Use moisturiser or balm afterwards as well to soothe the skin, and take your time.

Hope it goes well!