Question
Posted by: Kate | 2011/04/19

Some People

Long story short, I’ ve really helped her out many times. Always a phone call away when she needed me to send her cv, look for vacancies etc etc
I’ m sure I was the only person she could call that would help her. I even met up with her many times, to clam her nerves before interviews to listen to her afterwards as to how it went etc.

Well honestly I never really considered her my friend, I felt sorry for her and kind of understood how hard it must be for her being unemployed with no resources and no one to help.
A month has passes nothing…  I called to find out if she’ s ok to find out she is getting married and has a job. She met him the other day and they just decided to get married so no one knows yet but they getting married next week. Yet some other chick that was always too busy to help her knows about it… 

I’ m not really angry because I know people are mostly only after their own interests but just pondering it.
Why do people not share their good moments with those who were there in bad times but run to people who were not there for them?
Wits the same with people who reject their good friends for the bad ones and come running to the good when things go wrong.
Or people who are the meanest to their family who would do anything for them and are so good to their friends who dump them when they down.

Sometimes, I find, they might not share their good times when and if they arive, with the person who was close to them in the bad times, because to do so would remind them more of the bad times they're trying to forget.
But some folks are simply unappreciative,and take help from friends and family for granted, while foolishly pursuing others who don't give a hoot about them.
It was often my experience in practice, that the people who sat up all night for, bled for, struggled for, and poduced miracles for, would often spit in your eye and walk out without thanks. Whereas the people you felt awful about because there was so little that could be done for them, wwere often heart-rendingly grateful.
That's the way the world wags

1

That's the way the world wags