Question
Posted by: ck | 2010/07/13

Some advice - pregnant or not?

I am about 13 days late with my period, up to date I have done 4 home preg tests but all negative. My breast are extremely sensitive and my lower abdomen feels bloated in a way (discomfortable) - should I go and see my doc to do a blood test to see if I am pregnant - not sure how reliable those home preg tests are. I feel tired and do have some symptoms of preg such as the sore breasts, just looking for a second opinion.

See your doctor. There may be another cause for your symptoms such as a cyst.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/07/13

Preg tests are reliable from the day your period was due, so if they are still negative 13 days later, you''re definitely not pregnant.

Even a feint line is positive for pregnancy. In the very early days they can show negative when you are pregnant but from a day or two after your period was due, they will show positive.

Pregnancy symptoms only develop from around 6 weeks pregnancy (two weeks after period missed). Before then you usually just urinate a lot and have tender breasts.
When you are pregnant you often think your period is about to arrive as you feel like you have severe PMS.

Reply to Purple