Question
Posted by: Morgan | 2010/12/21

Some advice for others in my boat

I don''t know whether this is useless advice or not but I''m just trying to help. This is not a solution for the psychological problems many overweight people like myself face but it''s just something to think about. I am in the same boat as many of the people who have put up posts here. Though I do think each of us is fighting different battles and your approach will probably need to be different to mine because we''re all so different. Because I''m in the same boat, I don''t really have any good advice but I am living in South Korea at the moment and I find that eating their food has its benefits. I can eat as much of it as I want and actually seem to be losing some weight. Is there a South Korean restaurant or supermarket in your area? If not, maybe look up some recipes and just generally find out what it is that they eat. You can eat quite a bit of it and not worry about weight gain. I''d like to be able to have contact with other overweight people because it may be a good way to offer supprt to each other. How would i be able to do that? Because on this site, one is unable to add your email address.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Morgan,
This site does not have a chat blog as such, but I am sure your comments could be of some value to some readers. I assume your Korean diet is working for the reasons that the diet is not particularly high in fat, and does include a healthy balance of all the essential food groups. Eating regularly and in healthy quantities is essential. It is interesting that in most Pacific Rim, Far East and European countries, the tradition diets lend to remaining healthy and remaining within a healthy weight range. That includes the Italians, I should say!
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2010/12/26

Hello Morgan,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert