Question
Posted by: HELEN | 2009-06-04

SOLID FOODS FOR PUPPIE

I HAVE A 6 WEEK OLD BOERBUL PUPPIE, SHE IS ON VETS CHOICE DOG BISCUITS MASHED UP WITH WATER &  MILK. WHEN CAN I START HER ON SOLID FOOD, EG. COOKED CHICKEN LIVER, KIDNEYS, STEWING STEAK ETC?

Dear Helen

Stick to the recommendation on the bag. She is already on solid food. The biggest mistake people make at a young age is to overfeed puppies with good appetites.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-04

I hope the dogfood she' s getting is the PUPPY variety for LARGE breed dogs - in fact, this is all she needs until she' s 18 months old, when you can switch her to the ADULT variety.

Anything you add merely serves to unbalance the diet. It may make you feel all kind and generous, but it' s not really in the dog' s best interests.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2009-06-04

Remove the milk from the mix and start offereing her dry biscuits .. she doesnt need cooked chicken etc..that is only going to make her fat !

The biscuits and an occasional raw meaty bone is all she will need

Reply to Carol