Posted by: Magda | 2009-01-21

Solal Technologies

I just want to get an opinion on the Solal products (including the Vitamins etc) They claim to be " Prescribed by Dr' s and recommended by Pharmacists"  There are so may products on the market these days I was just wondering if they are worth it.

Dear Magda
I agree that there are a great many vitamin and mineral supplements on the market and most of them make claims that they are the leading products or prescribed by drs and pharmacists. I would use the following criteria when assessing such products: 1) Is the product made by a leading pharmaceutical company? 2) Is the price reasonable? (excessively high prices are no guarantee of quality) 3) Does the product contain less than or 100% of the RDA for the various nutrients (recent research indicates that it can be dangerous to take excessive doses of vitamins and minerals) 4) Do you really need to take such supplements? Most people do not require supplements unless they have a defined deficiency (e.g.iron deficiency anaemia) or a deficient diet or are exposed to periods of rapid growth and/or stresses.