Posted by: TAKEN | 2013-02-08

Good day
I had the misfortune of getting involved with a sociapath. I was eventually able to walk away which was considerably easy. However, it has been an uphill battle to stay away and maintain no contact as I know this is the only way. I am in therapy to heal myself as this man almost destroyed my soul.
Is there perhaps a support group in the western cape area for people that had any dealings with sociapaths. I am sure this will help me tremendously to completely stay away and pull myself togetehr

There are far from enough supoort groups of all forms, and I haven't found one of the form you want. Keep up therapy, and maybe eventuall explore possibly finding a few others and starting suh a group.

Posted by: Liza | 2013-02-09

You''re lucky. The sociopath in my life is my mother! Kinda hard to cut family out of your life. Especially since other people usually see her as this great person (who only helps out when there is a direct benefit to her, but they don''t see that side). The worst is when she lies about things that make her look good and everyone else look bad.

I''ve learnt to handle it by never believing a word she says, and never trying to argue with her. Be polite, but don''t be gullible.

Good Luck

Reply to Liza