Posted by: shyness | 2008-11-28

social phoebia and an eating disorder?

Hey I fear I have a huge problem.I suffer from an eating disorder and am starting to think if I get rid of it all I will be left with is a fear of people.I have read the online help for social phobia and its me to an absolute T.Where do I start, I feel like I just cant get over my bulimia and being around people always makes me end up opting out and feeling bad about it.Where is the life in that. Where can I get free help? Im a student with no job there is nothing more I can do at this point of time.

See a good local psychiatrist, of course! For a proper assessment and diagnosis., and a discussion of treatment options. Fortunately some of the meds that help social phobia also help eating disorders, and Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, CBT COunselling, also helps both.
Fre help is more difficult. Check your local medical school, and the facilities that ought to be available through Student Health services.

Posted by: almost mad | 2008-11-28

Are you at college or university/tech? If you are there is usually a clinic on campus so you can talk to a nurse...there are also coucillors at a separate office that help with carreers, social issues and disorders. This is free to students. Otherwise there is usually a phych department that help people with all types of issues.

Reply to almost mad