Posted by: scared | 2009-03-20

Social anxiety

i' ve self-diagnosed myself with social anxiety. I haven' t been able to form close relationships with anyone at work after a year and a half. I keep ppl at a distance because I' m too scared to talk to them. Ironically I' m a counsellor. I have an appraisal meeting with my supervisor next week, and I' m really dreading it. It' s already come up that my weakness is reflecting on how I feel and asking for help. She says I' m very self-contained and quietly figure out all the answers by myself. I' ve come to realise that I do reflect a lot on my feelings, but I' m just not able to verbalise it. I need this appraisal to go well as it will be sent to my new employer. However, I think she has a very negative perception of me because I' m so quiet. I don' t know how to explain I have SAD without actually voicing it. As soon as I talk about why I' m so quiet, I get very emotional. I just want to try and explain that this is not the real me. I also really want to get help, but I don' t know where to go. I currently live in Manchester, and the healthcare system is so foreign to me. I' m too scared to ask for help.

I strongly suggest that you consult a psychiatrist and ask him/her for a prescription of Cipramil(Citalopram), as this will assist you with dealing with your depression and social anxiety, as well as general anxiety.

Kind regards