Soccer player

My boyfriend is a soccer player.i love watchin him play,as a result i never miss any game unless i have other things to do.but he says he dont want his friends thinking or saying he is always dragging me every game he goes to.and he feels it is too much because his friends never bring their girlfriends or i insane to say i dont understand why he should do what his friends do,and they have their reasons.

He sounds very much a BOY friend. Really young and immature lads may like girls, but feel awfully shy if their mates see them with a girl, and expect to get teased. Young guys tend to be anxious to do what their pals do, and not to stand out. I wonder how he would react if you spoke to some of the other guys about your great interest in soccer, asking them questions about the game, and making it clear that you have a real interest in it, and that you['re not being "dragged along" but coming because you're interested ? On the other hand, are you THAT interested ? Or would you be just as happy doing something different ?