Posted by: Jay | 2011-09-07

Soar Heels

It happened a few yrs back, I decided to play a game of rugby. The next day my heels where so soar I couldnt walk. After a while once the foot had warmed up I could step on my heels and walk. The problem has not gone away. As long as I dont run on my feet I can wake up and the pain goes away after walking around for about half hour. If I do any activity like run, rugby etc it kills me for days afterwards. Its in a certain area under my foot on the heels that this pain stems from. Who should I see for this. Any idea what it could be

You should consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a x-ray of your heels and feet. It is possible that due to small injury, you have formed a small bony spur. This spur will irritate the tissue and causes your symptoms. The orthopaedic surgeon will be able to treat this condition.