Posted by: Itching | 2010-11-22

I’ m getting an itchy skin rash when I use soaps, I have changed between different types of soap bars and shower gels but I still get it, some more then others. Is there a specific product in this that can be causing this so that I know what not to use? And does most soaps have oats in it? What would be the best products to use?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Itching, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay but I have been in London attending to my clinic.

Your best advice would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and give you the best treatment approach. There may be a number of reasons for the itchy skin and it is very unusual to be allergic or to have a reaction to such a large variety of soaps. These should be checked out (especially if you have used soaps in the past with no reaction) and causes such as xerosis, medical reasons, scabies, dermatographism, and certain medication need to be excluded.