Posted by: Stressed | 2009-04-18

So worried.

I am so worried about SA to the point that I am a nervous wreck. I am constantly hearing stories of crime and I have been effected by crime on a number of occasions including having a knife held to my throat. I am worried about the changes that are proposed to ammend the constition and the whole municipality thing and I am worried. I hate politics. I am scared of all the rallys and things going on. Where will this leave me and my family, I really cannot cope with things getting worse than what we are. The elections that are coming up are really stressing me out. I cry at night and I get knots in my stomach when I read the news. I feel like I am in a time bomb that is waiting to explode. My husband wants to immigrate so that our children will live a safe life but I have so much here and family is very importnant for me. Neither of our folks will ever have the resources to join us overseas so I just know that homesickness will be waiting for me if we decide to go. I just wish I could shake off the stress of what is happening. I wish someone could tell me what I must do. Really I just want things to come right. Stressing about crime is just killing me and I am depressed that everyone around me seems to want this to carry on.

I know exactly how i feels, having been burgled three times, once a knife-point, in the last year. It might help to become actively involved in politics, within a party rather than going to pointless rallies, which are show-biz and not politics. There are indeed many reasons to be worried, and some reasons for hope --- and its important to keep things in proportion. While nobody can ( or should ) tell you what to do, a counsellor / shrink could help you to reduce excessive and unhelpful anxiety and to ,ake better and calmer decisions for yourself and your family. Crime is such that we need to be cautious, but not to allow the criminals to control our lives or to make us miserable wven when they're not around

Posted by: Me too ! | 2009-04-19

Yes, its really bad no matter what those with rose tinted spectacles have to say. The problem is that those that attend the rallies are generally there for the fun and games and what may be dished out for free (tax payers money) The problem is they are not the thinkers who are concerned about the future.

Its all for now. I believe that in a civilised society their short term plans are for a 5 year period, medium term for 10 to 15 years and long term, 20 to 50 years, whereas thre ruling mob has the following time frames, short term, day end, medium term sweekend and long term month end and beyond that, who cares !!

On top of all that, we are currently being led by a criminal element that is just focussed on financial plunder, evidenced by the high life style they lead, the money they steal the, blatant and ham handed way they have manipulated the justice system and their total disregard for the rest of the population.

Not much to look forward to, that' s for sure !! Thats is why we must all VOTE people !!

Reply to Me too !