Question
Posted by: Carol | 2011/05/25

So tired

Morning CS , how is Kitty?

I just a shoulder more than anything :(

For the last 3 months I have been sick , its been severe UTI , and on monday I go into hospital for tests.

NOW, I work for an extremly difficult organization as a temp, I have been a temp for two years now and make im treated as "  only a temp" '' my boss is a 62 yr old very old school municipality type . Next month is year end , which is horrendous. The boss has been on leave and gets back on Monday, the department is a mess because I have been of sick most of the month , and I know she is going to come down on ME like a ton of bricks , I get no co operation at all from senior management , and to be quite honest I want to just run away.

I cant take the stress anymore , and hubs has made it clear that no amount of money is worth it and that I must resign , which im going to do. We are immigrating shortly and we dont really need the money.

But I cant understand why im so terrified at the thought of one miserable old lady comeing back to work next week ? Im not a child anymore :(

Thanks CS

If its that close to year-end, it was a lousy time for any good boss to choose to be away on leave ; and a permanent temporary shouldn't carry any blame for problems in the office the absent manager manages.
If the department descends into chaos when you're off sick, you must be far more important and essential than a temporary status implies.
Sometimes we have learned through life, from a succession of miserable old ladies ( and men ) to feel dread at their approach.
If you are indeed intending to immigrate, and especially if she doesn't know that, you should rather feel immune to her menace, as she may need you far more than you need her. Something you might think of reminding her before resigning.

1