Question
Posted by: Sad | 2009-04-07

So sick of this life

Hi CS
Im 20 &  my bf is 24,we been together 4 over a year but we worked together &  were good friends before dating so i know him quite well. We are 1, we do everything together. We have the bond of a husband &  wife &  every1 hates the fact that his such a good guy &  they dont have dirt on him to make us break up like my ex' s. The problem comes in with my parents, well my mother coz i have a step dad &  he dont really care anyway. My mum is so irritating, when i finished school i wanted to study but i ended up getting a good job but my pay was barely enough at that point so i asked her to help me pay for it for weekends &  she blew me off &  refused to pay for my studies. The reason y i asked her to help was b.coz she told almost every1 we know that she got money saved for my studies, all i wanted was help at that point & she refused. Then again she kept bragging to people that she gonna buy me a car but when time came she said I' ll only get the car if i break up with my boyfriend. So i said i dont want the car then. I worked so hard &  saved where i could &  being around 18-19 i couldn' t enjoy myself like others coz I knew what i wanted &  i was gonna get it. My bf stood by me &  helped me all the way.. we bought a car together recently &  no1 was happy for us. They insulted us with envy even my mum. Now she hates me for buying my own car &  for us being independent &  making decisions between us. I drew up a will a week ago &  1 of the witnesses who was supposed to sing starts telling me its wrong to leave my car to my bf, i must leave it to my mum coz she' s my family &  whatever. So i said she always put me down in life &  use to call me a loser in life &  tel me i' ll never make it &  now the 1 person whop loves me &  stood my me i must just kick in the back. I said my mum wasn' t happy for any of my success &  didn' t even want to help me when i needed her to &  now what my bf &  i worked so hard for must be giving to some1 who treated me like a worthless piece of crap. I want to know if im being harsh or do i have a reason to do what i did coz im going crazy with all this shit.

What sort of people are you with, that they have any interest in breaking up your relationship ? Get new friends.
If your mok brags to people about having saved up for your studies, tell her if this is untrue, you will tell people you can't afford any studies, becaue she didn't save up for it.
Re-draw your will, doing what you want to do ( including leaving the car to your bf, after all he helped pay for it, didn't he ? ) --- and remind the newwitnesses that their ONLY job is to sign to witness that this WAS your signature, and to initial every page so extra pages can't be added in --- and NOT to read the will or comment on it.
You're not being harsh, but the pair of you, if genuinely committed to each other, need to be more independent,. and able to ignore your mom and whoever these other nasty people are.

3
Posted by: Replying to Asking | 2009-04-07

I bought the car because at that point i had alot of doubt in the subject i was gonna study. When i finished school &  wanted to study i wanted to study to become an air hostess but because my mum refused to help me at that point i didnt have enough money to study &  when i did met my bf i looked at our future &  i didnt want to be flying around the world &  leave my family (husband &  children) on the other end. some may prefer it but i prefer the simple things in life. When i was single i wanted to do it but whats the ponit seeing the world alone. Better with the 1 you love right so i recon sided what i wanted to study. im not sure what i want to study now so i dont want to rush &  just study anything. forgive me if i wanted the car so i could do things for myself &  not study. But i cant expect you to understand

Reply to Replying to Asking
Posted by: janr | 2009-04-07

Im sure you pretty hurt it being your won mother ,But it could be that she is jealous and she probarbly wanted to say the Itold you so ....main thing you need to do is forgive here and put whoever you want in your will,and if you think your bf deserved it then by all means thats what u should do.

Reply to janr
Posted by: Asking | 2009-04-07

So u saved up to buy a car not to go study, why if i may ask?

Reply to Asking