Posted by: ME | 2008-10-31

So nervous!!

Please guys, need youe opinions, 4give me if I was not supposed to post this here.................but I am desparate.
I am 26 weeks preggies!!! and my tummy' s sooo huge. I have been appliying for jobs coz I am working on temporal basis now and I am not that happy where I am currently working. I' ve been called for some interviews next week Friday!. Am so scared!, do I have to tell them bout my situation before I go there?, what if the post is ment to be mine but because I am preggies they decide not to appoint me?.. I mean, I am left with one month before my maternity leave, and maybe they can' t wait for me for four months to come back?. Am also thinking of not going at all for those interviews..............but on the other side i am in real need of a new job.....................what do you think guys?.........I mean, I can just imagine the look in their eyes when they saw my huge tummy! sooo nervous!

I hope other readers have some helpful comments here, based on their own experiences. I thought ion labour law they weren't supposed to discriminate against women who are pregnant ? Mind you, you can understand if they really need the job filled, they might reasonably not want to give it to someone about to go on maternity leave. Couldn't you wait out at the present job till after the baby and the maternity leave ?
Why not contact them and say that you are indeed very interested in working for them, but you feel you must reveal that you are pregnant and about to go on maternioty leave soon, which may not seem fair to them. Unless this is fine by them, could you contact them once your maternity leave is over, to see if they still have an opening you can be considered for ? That way you're honest and considerate, which should impress them