Posted by: s | 2009-07-01

so negative

This year has not been going swimmingly so far: Í  had to end a friendship which was really difficult to do and then had this person badmouth me on facebook for the world to see, two of my family members died, I got quite a bad back injury in April which is not good as I' m a dancer, I' ve had the owner of another dance school sabotaging me at every opportunity, A boss who is just the most awful person: he constantly patronises me, speaks condescendingly, speaks badly of me or aggresively towards me in front of others and in general is just a bully, I' ve had someone use me as a scapegoat for their own incompetance, have had to deal with the most aweful, arrogant, rude personalities and you know what...I' m tired. I quite literally feel exhausted and so negative about everything at one point I thought I might be on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I' ve started to notice that even my resting face, the one you have when there' s no particular thought in your mind, is a frown. Now I am one of those people who believes that what you think so will you manifest, but I just can' t seem to muster the will power to start thinking positively because I just feel so beat down, ripped apart, chewed up and spat out and I know it' s not doing me any good. But how do I pick myself up and get myself out of this funk?

Facebook should have better mechanisms in place to stop people using it in spite to bad-mouth others, and once someone rich sues them for this, they will. That said, you have had a run of bad luck and encounters with unpleasant and ugly people. A counsellor of the CBT sort could help you more efficiently to deal with this load, to avoid allowing these people to have such a negative effect on you, and to recover your self-esteem.
As Leez says, focus on the positive aspects of your life, and learn that the unpleasant words and actions of unpleasant people reveal the truth about themselves, not about you

Posted by: Leez | 2009-07-01

Your circumstances, however bad, is certainly not unique. Why not try to focus only on the positive aspects of your life, e.g. hubby &  kids (if applicable). If not, then parents, siblings or anyone in your family with whom you have a good, healthy relationship/special bond. It' s working for me so I' m just trying to pass on some good advice in the hope that you will benefit as well.

Good luck. Time really heals all wounds.

Reply to Leez