Question
Posted by: Gina | 2012/03/19

So hurt

I started dating a guy 3 months ago but realised that he is not sincere and trustworthy. I went all out for him since he was new in town, I told him on Saturday that I didnt want in anymore. He just said ok and started texting my colleague. I know they''ve been smsing for a while, she is married. We sit in the same office and every time she gets a msg I think its him and feel so hurt. It really hurts as she tells me everything he does, he even wanted to visit her on Saturday right after we broke up! I know I did the right thing to leave him but my heart is absolutely broken. I dont know where to from here. How will I face him if I run into him, if I hear he''s dating someone. We live in a small town so everybody knows eveybody''s business. I regret ever getting involved with him. What should I do, please help???

Well, for a start, his cold reaction makes it very clear that you were right to end the relationship and that you're really lucky to be rid of him. If she is indeed flirting with this seedy man, it is her who is being hurt and risking greater hurt, and you should pity her rather than yourself. Remind yourself that you feel heart-broken, not from loss of him, but from loss of your false belief that he was worth loving.
And what is going on between you and her, that she eagerly tells you about her affair ( she knows you know she is married - does she know that you had an affair with him ? ) Make sure she knows what happend with you and why you felt it was necessary to break up with him,and the risks she is running.
Then thank your lucky stars that you are free of such a rat, and move on with your life - you know you're worth so much more than him

2
Posted by: Gina | 2012/03/20

I feel so much better reading this and yes she knows that we dated. Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it.

Reply to Gina