Question
Posted by: Nic | 2010/12/20

So fed up with pain.

Hello Doctor,

I am at my wits end doctor, please help. 4 weeks ago I started with symptoms of a uti, which doc confirmed. Although infection cleared with antibiotics, there was no improvement in the pain I am expriencing in my stomach when urinating and when not urinating. They also picked up microscopic haematuria on urine culture (but no infection). I have since had abdominal ultrasounds, abdominal xrays, and abdominal CT scan with nothing showing (apparently I am normal). Oh and I also had a cystoscopy last week - doc said bladder is perfect but he did say he had to stretch my ureter (or urethra)..he doesnt talk much and said I must see him in a month again. Why did he stretch my ureter? I am still having abdominal pain all day (which is only relieved with urispas I must add). I can feel the pain anywhere from my navel down to the opening of the hole where I urinate from and sometimes it feels like my vagina as well (I am not sure if its in my pelvis or closer around my navel...it just seems all over and worse when I have my period (but its not period pains). I have seen my gynae x 2 in past 2 months and all is 100% (also had scan last week of all these organs), plus vaginal culture, pap smears, internals etc. Everyone is saying I am fine, but I am in pain. It never wakes me up, but starts soon after I get to work and then seems to lessen when I get home and have a glass of wine. I am so scared they are missing something.... Why cant they find the problem? I dont want to live like this! I am 34 year old female.

Hallo Nic
Find out from your doctor if he suspects that it is interstitial cystitis? That is maybe why he stretched the uretra.
See
http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/interstitialcystitis/
If it is, taking a low dose tricyclic antidepressant at night may help (for the pain, not for depression!)as it modifies the way your brain experiences pain.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/20

Hallo Nic
See