Question
Posted by: Nini | 2010/04/23

So disappointed with myself

Yesterday i wrote a letter to one of our clients and i forgot to put " I"  on the closing remarks. It was supposed to read as "  I hope this will receive your favourable attention"  and my boss signed without noticing it. I check for errors everytime before i send through my correspondence, why did i not see this one? This will spoil my day..............

Don't be so hard on yourselfl !
Everyone makes typos. And most forget that while it's wise to run the spell-check, if you accidentally type the wrong word - but Spell it correctly - it'll not pick up the error. And being human, you and I, we sometimes dont't spot such an error when re-reading.
Remember the newspaper guy who wrote a major story about the joy of singing at football maches, and wrote a big headline : "Let my people Sing !" But mistyped it, and the paper went out with the headline : "Let My People Snig !" We all snig some time or another

7
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2010/04/26

As long as you don''t put in or leave out extra zero''s in quotes and invoices, you should be fine.

Reply to Vrye Denker
Posted by: Jane | 2010/04/26

I''m sorry if I sound harsh or something (I don''t know if you have any medical problems or anything) but that is a silly reason to be so upset. There are people that makes mistakes that cost them their jobs, families or worse- their lives. Stop stressing about one tiny letter. I make typos on a daily basis practically in hey, it happens.

Reply to Jane
Posted by: lady | 2010/04/24

And not to mention the matric Physical Science paper that that went through various stages of moderators and editors and still went to thousands of learners with an error.So relax, dont be so hard on urself.

Reply to lady
Posted by: Ad perspective | 2010/04/24

How about Pam Golding''s residential house ad: " wanking distance from schools"  instead of walking distance. Kind of puts it in perspective! Actually they probably got a lot of MILEAGE out of it!!!!

Reply to Ad perspective
Posted by: alison | 2010/04/23

will it matter in 5 year times?
hell, will it matter next week.. let it go, everyone makes mistakes and everyone knows this.. all part of being human.
big hug

Reply to alison
Posted by: Maria | 2010/04/23

First of all, if this kind of thing can spoil your day then you really have an easy life. Lighten up, don''t be so hard on yourself. So you made one small mistake. It makes no difference to the meaning of the letter, it''s not very rude or insulting, and you client will probably not notice it either.

Reply to Maria

Don't be so hard on yourselfl !