Question
Posted by: Rosie | 2008/09/19

So depressed

I am so depressed. I had a rough year - nearly got divorced. But fortunately through the grace of God we are trying again. I am using Cilift. Everye month (just before my period) I get so depressed. It is almost as if I can' t think and function normal. I say irrational things and do irrational things and it is not helpng the situation a bit. Do I need to change my medication? Please help me.

Mood, whether or not one is also predominantly Depressed, is usually affected by hormonal levels. There may be ways to help this, but changing a medication IF it otherwise suits you, is not so likely to achieve this. GO back to the psychiatrist who initially assessed you and prescribed the Cilift, for a re-assessment and advice specifically about handling this element of your situation