Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2011/08/24

So Confused

Hi DietDoc

I have been on weigh less for 10 months now and have recently started with a personal trainer 3 weeks ago.

I am so confused. I got weighed at the gym this morning and I have lost 550grams, which means in 3 weeks I have lost 1.1kgs. I am down to 60.8kilos now. My trainer said that it is not good. That with the weigh less I am eating too much food and need to cut down. She gave me a new eating plan, it''''s very similar to weigh less but with less carbs and more protein.

What do I do? Do i continue with weigh less or do I try her plan and maybe it will kick start my body again?

Dear Lilly
Please don't be confused. You joined Weigh-Less which is a highly respected organisation that has helped thousands of people lose weight successfully for more than 30 years, so stick to your diet. The personal trainer may be trained in exercise techniques, BUT I am sure this person has NO qualifications when it comes to prescribing diets for clients. The trainer should stick to her field of expertise and help you with your exercise and stop interfering with a tried and tested slimming regimen like Weigh-Less. Please also discuss this situation with your Weigh-Less counsellor who will be able to give you guidance on how to counter the arguments put forward by the trainer. Weightloss with Weigh-Less may be slow, but it is steady and you will achieve your goal. The trainer's arguments that you are 'eating too much food' and the changeover she suggests to a high protein diet, are typical of a layman's approach to slimming. If she has studied sports physiology, she should know that carbs are essential to help you sustain a strenuous exercise programme. Tell her you have employed her to help you with an exercise regimen and not for dietetic advice. If you find the situation unpleasant, you can always change your trainer.
Stick to your guns!

1

Dear Lilly
Stick to your guns!