Posted by: Rick | 2012-09-14

When I have sex with my wife, she has the look of pain on her face, when I am inside her, I can feel like I am hitting something with head of my penis, she says that she can feel me in her stomach, not sure if she is joking, I asked if it is painful at all, she says absolutely no and that she really enjoys it, she demands alot, always complementing me on my size though, we have been having sex for many years, is possible to hurt someone with a big D> > > > ,

Dear Rick,

Yes it is possible that some women can an do experience pain during sex with a partner with a significantly large penis. It often can hurt at point of penetration as the vaginal opening is stretched open, especially if the woman is not sufficiently lubricated and not relaxed. Most women, if well lubricated and relaxed can accommodate to most size penises. The vagina is a potential space. During birth it stretches to accommodate the head of a baby.

Also with deep penetration during certain sexual positions the head of the penis can hit against the cervix at the back of the vaginal barrel and some women can experience this as uncomfortable or painful. It can also feel like "it is in her stomach". Usually couples in this situation need to adapt their sexual positions and vigorousness of deep thrusting to avoid it.

That said it is evident that you are able to discuss this with your wife and she says it is not painful and that she enjoys it. People also give expression to their feelings and sensations during sex in various ways including through facial expressions that can often be interpreted incorrectly by their partners.

If for some reason she is not being truthful about the fact that she says she is not experiencing pain when indeed she does it may be that she does not want to hurt your feelings or feel she is disappointing you.

I would suggest you tell her that her pleasure during sex is also very important to you and you truly want to be assured that she is truly enjoying your sex together and if in any way she is experiencing any pain or discomfort during sex that it is really important to you that she be honest with you, that in no way will it upset you. It would then make it possible for you to adjust things to ensure that she is really enjoying it too.