Question
Posted by: daw | 2010/01/22

so angry

I' m just so angry all the time. Everyone and everything irritates me. I am doing things that I never did before and it worries me. I am currently seeing a psychiatrist and a psychologist. I am also taking mirteron. Feeling like this since the beginning of January. My behaviour is worrying... please help!! Thanks.

I can easily understand why you find tis worrying. What I can't understan is how you can be seeing a psychiatrist AND a psychologist, and still feel so worried and alarmed, and apparently no better. OK, the first necessity is a proper assesment and diagnosis, and surely they both did that. Then they need to explain and discus the diagnosis with you calmly and make sure you understand all this. Then they need to discuss with you the treatent options, including why they recommend one specif drug rather than others, and what benefits to expect and look out for, over what time-frame.
"The beginning of January" is about 2-3 weks ago. Generally, with any antidepressant, one can;t decide very quickly, but by 2 to 3 weeks it should be becoming clear whether or not this paticular drug ( there are so many to choose from ) is suiting you, or whether a change to a different medication might be wise. This is something you need to discuss with your psychiatrist, and reasonably soon ( any doc prescribing such meds would want to see you weekly or so in the first while until it was clear that the drug was working or whether it needed changing ).
You're mysterious about the behaviours you find worrying, and this is the area to discuss with the psychologist. If he is up to date, he would be using a version of Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, CBT, which is good for changing unwanted behaviours

1