Posted by: Peggy | 2009-08-17

I work in a law firm in JHB. A few months ago a young woman started working in our litigation/collections department as a Candidate Attorney! She is probably the most unpleasant, snotty, snobbish little byotch I have ever had the misfortune of working with! She is 24 yrs old and REFUSES to greet anyone unless they greet her first (regardless of their age or position in the company). In the short while she has been in our company she has earned the reputation of being a byotch and no-one seems to like her much! She has not yet done her bar exam and is still only a CA and new in the company! What is it with some young people these days - have they forgotten their manners or is it " cool"  to be that way? She also likes " strutting her stuff"  around the office in tight clothes and throws her long hair over her shoulder ... ewwww it' s so pathetic to see! She comes across as being aloof, I thought at one stage it was shyness due to her being new in the company, but a few months down the line I have realised that she thinks the sun goes down when she sits down! Pain in butt is an understatement ..... does the crappy attitude come with the degree maybe??

If I remember rightly, a Candidate Attorney is like a senior medical student. And if she is this unpleasant now, imagine mhow horrid she will be once fully qualidied as a lawyer ? Is it possible to discuss this with some of the senior partners ( directly, or via their secretaries or assistants ? This is the sort of thing they ought to notice, and to record in their evaluations of her, as well as directly warning her thast her conduct makes her unpleasant to veryone. Fortunately there is no degree that produces such attitudes --- I'll bet she was awful in nursery school, too.

Posted by: Gracie | 2009-08-17

Sounds like a real spoilt little brat ...

Reply to Gracie