Question
Posted by: Ripple | 2012/03/02

Snoring -relation problem

Hi guys, I have a problem , my boyfriend tells me that I snore terribly, as I realise I sometimes snore myself awake..what can I do, dfo I need to sleep on one cushion or do I increase, the cushions...he wants to sleep in another room...what can I do to stop snoring and whar causes it

There are many possible causes for snoring, from trivial to serious, and many degrees of snoring, from cute purriong to cement mixer to pneumatic drill. Most people snore much more easily if sleeping on their back, so an old folk remedy was to sew something like a cotton reel or something else small and hard into the center of the back of your pyjama tops or T-shirt or whatever, so it pokes you in the back uncomfortably when you roll onto your back, such that you roll back onto your side - your silent side.
Ask him if he has noticed not only the loud snorin, but whether there are times when you not only stop snoring, but actually stop breathing for a short time, before resuming noisily. If so, this could be Sleep Apnoea, and might deserve expert assessment and treatment.

6
Posted by: Maria | 2012/03/05

I sleep with earplugs every night because of my husband''s snoring. It has the added benefit that I don''t get woken up at the crack of dawn by hungry cats demanding breakfast!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Old School | 2012/03/03

@ Anon
because if the BF had made a total complete commitment 2 marriage he would no tbe threatening to sleep in another room but would be looking for a solution together for life as a couple.......childish l know but thats what married couples do - work and stick together and not run away from shared problems........

Reply to Old School

@ old school - ripple didn''t ask for opinions about who she/he shares a bed with. Perphaps it''s time to make a trip to your local library, I''m sure there are plenty of books in the children''s section that can help you learn to read properly.. Seriously though, why bother making such a comment, it''s completely irrelevant.

Ripple, alot of things can cause you to snore and it can even be a symptom of something serious, go see your gp, they should be able to pin point the problem and offer a solution or refer you to the correct specialist.

As for your boyfriend, please don''t be to hard on him. My fiance gained quite a bit of weight a few years ago which caused a nasty case of sleep apnea, it was extremely frustrating and if I weren''t so afraid that he was going to die in his sleep due to a lack of air I would''ve moved to the couch too. Just show him that you are looking for a solution ( by going to you doctor) and if he decides to sleep in another room in the meanwhile just keep in mind that it really isn''t such a big deal.

Posted by: Old School | 2012/03/02

As you are not married how does he know????????

Reply to Old School
Posted by: dollar | 2012/03/02

Maybe its because you sleep facing up

Reply to dollar