Question
Posted by: Gareth | 2009-07-03

Snoring Killing Me

My wife snores. I' ve spoken to her about it, woken her up when she does it, bought her a gum guard, nothing changes. She just gets angry when I mention it. I wake up feeling REALLY bad, drained, tired, depressed. I think it effects my normal day to day functioning. I' ve even recorded the snoring but playing it back just earns me laughs and " it' s not THAT bad" s. We stay in a small place so the couch doesn' t help, ear plugs I hear are bad for prolonged use and it' s cold out so I probably wouldn' t sleep well in a tent either. I' ve tried going to bed early, she either just wakes me up, or come 2am, I wake from the snoring.

Is there anything I can spike her food/drinks with that' ll stop the snoring? If not, can I come stay at your place?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The snoring implies that there is a degree of airway obstruction while she sleeps. This is common, and can also very seriously impair her health - some of these conditions may carry a 23 times higher risk of heart attack.

I would suggest that you get her to see an ENT surgeon as a first step. If he is unable to fix the problem, she should then be seen by a sleep doctor.

1
Posted by: Jenine | 2009-07-04

It is so good to know I' m not the only one! My husband' s snoring is driving me crazy! I am so tired during the day and feel exhausted when I get to work. I think I' m going to take the experts advise and drag him to this ENT Surgeon. Hope it works! Good luck!

Reply to Jenine