Question
Posted by: Concerned mom | 2010/11/30

Snoring in 1yr old

Hi there,

I have a problem, my 1yrr old daughter has for the past 3 days been snoring. what can i use to ease the snoring

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Concernd Mom

Snoring in a one year old is most likely due to enlarged adenoids, and as this may be normal, extended snoring may be problematic. The first step would be to exclude an infection, as any upper respiratory tract infection may cause enlargement of the adenoidal pad.
Your GP could help make the diagnosis, as treatment will depend on the cause. This is usually in the form of nasal drops. For starters you could try saline nasal drops, as this requires no prescription, and is very safe to use.