Question
Posted by: Cheryl | 2010/07/12

Snoring & Talking in my sleep

Dear Doc. Please could you explain whether I am needing to see an ENT Specialist due to my bad snoring.Lately I have been woken up by my snoring only to feel completely dizzie and out of breath. In the last 2 months I have been talking in my sleep and this has never ever happened to me bofore.It is extremely disturbing and I have now become afraid of falling asleep at night.I''ve tried sleeping with 3 pillows so that my head is raised higher than normal.My husband has on several occasion woken me up as he says I stop breathing.I have terrible chest pains..Now with the talking in my sleep, I''m awake 6 - 7 times at night.I''m exhausted during the day.I honestly need some advice it''s driving me insane. Thanking you.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

An ENT may well be able to help your snoring. The concern is that there may be someone in addition to just simple snoring, and for that you may need a sleep specialist. If you dont have a sleep specialist nearby, then it might be the best to start off by seeing an ENT.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/07/13

Reply to Sleep expert