Question
Posted by: TARRYN | 2011-08-11

SNORING

HI DOC
MY HUSBAND SNORES QUITE BADLY WHAT OVER THE COUNTER MEDS COULD HE POSSIBLY TAKE TO ALLEVIATE THE PROBLEM AS WE ARE ON MEDICAL AID ?

Tarryn

I suggest that your husband consults an ENT specialist for an examination and treatment, as there are many causes for snoring. With the correct diagnosis, the best treatment can be prescribed.

3
Posted by: mk | 2011-08-11

Snoring is bad problem due to the fact he should get it checked out by sleep doctor u will surprised whats really wrong with hubby...

Reply to mk
Posted by: annon | 2011-08-11

I am not a doc but my husband has got the same problem, smoking and drinking alchol before going to bed or in great quantities makes the snoring even worse. This has something to do with the stuff in alcohol and cigarrettes that makes the lining or something in the throat go numb or relax and this cause the snoring. Also when eating large plates of food at night. I thouht when he stopped smoking that the snoring will stop but not, he has to abbsolutely drink or eat nothing before going to bed, every night is a restless one. Hope it gets better.

Reply to annon
Posted by: annon | 2011-08-11

Reply to annon