Question
Posted by: Petro | 2010-01-10

Snoring

Is there anything that can be done about snoring? My husband snores excessively and the result is that I am not getting enough sleep. I have tried sleeping in the spare room, but apart from it impacting very negatively on our marriage, it is very confusing for our 4 year old little boy. My husband suspects that he broke his nose as a child, which was never attended to. He has seen our GP twice about the problem, but she just thought it was very funny and keeps putting him on anti histamines which are not helping at all. In the mean time, I am losing 3 hours of sleep a night which I really, really need. I am constantly so tired that I don' t even want to get out of bed in the morning. In fact, I will stay there all day for a week if I did not have to work.

Petro

There is a lot that can be done about his problem. You will have to consult a ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) specialist, for an examination, special tests, in order to have a proper diagnosis made, to treat the condition.

Refer to the following link for a detailed explanation about snoring: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snoring