Question
Posted by: Michele | 2008/08/30

Sneezy cat

My bengal cat began sneezing a few weeks ago. There' s no running or discharge from her nose or eyes. I phoned a Vet. who told me that sneezing in cats could lead to chronic sinus infections &  eye problems. He couldn' t examine her but prescribed Doxysyrup as a precaution - most of which she vomited up but the sneezing abated. Now she' s started sneezing again &  her nose feels a bit wetter than usual. Even I' ve started sneezing a lot lately. Could it be a seasonal allergy?
Getting her to the Vet is a mission, she totally freaks out in the cat carrier. What would yiu suggest for the sneezing?

Dear Michele
Can be an allergy but older cats can develop growth in the sinus and some cat even a fungus infection. With a fungal infection the discharge is usually thick and green.

1
Posted by: Carol | 2008/08/30

Sounds like a bit of an allergy to me , if her eyes get gummy and nose is runny BUT clear use echina force drops , 4 drops 3 times daily.

Just watch carefully for signs of secondary infection.

Reply to Carol