Question
Posted by: Cookie | 2010/12/12

Sneezing frenzy and runny nose after swimming!

hi, whenever i swim in a pool, i always go into a sneeze fit and my nose blocks and runs at the same time. could it be an allergic reaction to chlorine or to do with water going up my nasal cavity. its been 7 hours since ive been out of the pool and thank god the sneezing subsided but my nose is still blocked and runny

thanks

Expert ImageSinus Expert

Chlorine allergy or cold water irritation can cause this. Test by swimming in a salt pool or the ocean to distinguise. Medication is not very effective for both of these. A nose clip to prevent water from entering the nose is useful although chlorine will still affect the eyes

1
Posted by: Sinus Expert | 2010/12/21

Reply to Sinus Expert