Question
Posted by: Stephen Twine | 2010/05/05

Snake tips

If you are a " green" person who recycles has his own compost heap etc beware ... compost naturally has a higher temp than the outside tempereture so hence snakes (which are cold blooded) will love your compost heap .... I found a Cape Cobra in mine once ... (he inherited the compost heap for the next 4 years till I sold the house ...LOL)

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

I'm going to add these 'case studies' into the article - thank you!

3
Posted by: charlie reekie jr | 2010/05/05

i saw vipers where i stayed and there were snakes crossing the roads everywhere saw them in the city of battambang and a lot in the country but all were small except the one i saw in my article above.geckos 12-14 inches long and many others too.a grasshopper as long as my palms wide and a beetle about 2 inches around like a lady bug which i stepped on ,thought i stepped on a stone when i looked it was moving and my foot killed i looked at my foot it was burned.this had a shell that looked like mother of pearl and showed no sign of injury from me. spiders oh boy big they tell me the one i killed was a baby one ya about 7 inches across with big fangs in the house .scorpians well more than half as long as size 7 womans shoe nearly stung me one night.that snake still has me rattled .

Reply to charlie reekie jr

while i spent time in cambodia they always talk of the big snake as fact not a story or tale .well i did not see the snake but saw many everywhere. one day driving through rice fields to phnom tipedei I saw a snake on the road or rather most ot it the head across already the tail not yet on the road and took a bit of time to see the the tail ,it was not moving slow .I was fairly close and to estimate how big it was made me believe about the big snakes here.well the road at that point was about 25 feet across several feet already crossed and several not yet out of the brush i was driving the car and my camera was not next to me so i did not get a picture .no way was i stopping to try to get one it was huge and quite likely hungry.scary thing it was not afraid surely it could feel the car coming.it certainly made me nervous taking a leak at night on the side of the road.i''m glad it did not turn to see us coming .at this size its very strong and eats what it wants .it was all black i did not see its head and have no idea what kind of snake it was but this could eat a cow.i have seen 18 ft snakes eat goats.anyone know what kind of snake this was?

Reply to charlie reekie jr
Posted by: EnviroHealth Expert | 2010/05/05

Reply to EnviroHealth Expert