Question
Posted by: Dick | 2010/05/05

Snake facts

1. There are lots of snakes in Africa, even in the urban areas.The reason we hardly ever see them is because like all animals, snakes are afraid of human beings, and will run away as soon as they sense our approach.
2.Snakes bite only to defend themselves or to feed so if a human being is bitten, it''s because you surprised the snake or the snake mistook you for prey. As snakes have poor eyesight, the latter can happen if you have been where rats, frogs and other prey are found, and you have their smell on your body.
3.Growing up in Venda, I often saw a very docile snake that had a head at each end.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Thanks for points 1 and 2, but I must admit I have never heard of the snake in point 3!

1
Posted by: EnviroHealth Expert | 2010/05/10

Reply to EnviroHealth Expert